You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The Senior Implementation Manager is an experienced people manager and workstream lead within the R&D Advisory Group. The Sr IM has overall responsibility for the end-to-end management of the implementation processes and key deliverables for clients. They develop and negotiate the implementation plan and monitor progress against timeline due dates. Will interact directly with clients, subcontractors and other internal or external business units as needed to design and develop implementation/communication/enrollment strategies. As a member of the management team, a Senior Implementation Manager is responsible for ensuring a superior client experience while developing the skills and supervising the work of consulting staff team members. This experienced professional exhibits decision quality, action orientation, communication savvy, and resourcefulness as the primary steward of technical system implementation projects.
Productivity – targets
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves billable utilization targets and managed book of business in service to client engagements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, experiences, and relationships by contributing to project engagements, internal initiatives, and business development opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in the BD process through assisting with writing and pricing proposals, and actively participating in the pitch and negotiation process.
- Manages heavy workloads and competing responsibilities.
Delivery – tactical on behalf of the client
- Supports the overall cross-functional management of projects, at both the client organization, as well as internally at Syneos Health. Understands and contributes to the effective management of project scope, approach, budget, resource allocations, and timelines. Demonstrates strong project management skills through the proactive management of individual project responsibilities and workload to ensure objectives, milestones, and timelines are met efficiently and effectively. Must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
- Acts as the day-to-day point person for the implementation workstream(s) deliverables and management of the client/vendor relationship and contract. Serves as a primary liaison with clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with the client through personableness, trust, credibility, and reliability.
- Delivers superior client experience. Leads professional, positive, and mature interactions with clients. Ensures client satisfaction through project delivery and experience with other team members. Proactively escalates problems as they emerge to project leaders.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading the creation of system implementation project deliverables, quality checking work, setting expectations with the project team, delivering edits and feedback to consulting staff team members, and driving deliverable completion from start to finish by advising the team on production and delivery best practices through hands-on guidance. Leverages team member strengths and professional development opportunities to assign project roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates superior technical skill according to demands of the Advisory Group, in general (i.e., relevant and in high demand.) Provides strategic influence on program teams, with clients, and to Advisory Group leadership.
- Prepares for, attends, and facilitates client meetings and presentations. Acts as the subject matter expert on data, findings, and recommendations outlined in meeting materials and client deliverables. Responsible for fielding client questions and anticipating client questions and concerns. Demonstrates confidence and credibility through interpersonal skills and content knowledge.
- Supervises consulting staff development of high-quality deliverables in accordance with Consulting (or client) style guidelines and templates. Demonstrates a strategic and systematic decision-making approach to communicating data through text, graphics, images, and/or other communication choices. Responsible for all elements of deliverable development and presentation, including compelling, structured, and logical storyboards. Influences strategic insight generation and recommendations.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, personal experience, and industry best practices. Works with program management/leadership to challenge and pressure test client recommendations, when appropriate. Anticipates and supports client needs, concerns, and challenges through the design of alternatives and contingency plans. Demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Navigates and resolves program ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with program leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to define organizational activities that are clearly established through a matrixed environment, design & implement processes, identify and document data dependencies between processes.
- Proficient understanding of Change Management best practices, can identify and manage organizational impacts that may arise during a project and/or program and can determine appropriate change mitigations to ensure end-to-end business continuity
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the complexity of GxP related technology validation processes, ability to lead the definition and development of technical user and business requirements based off an established process
- Uses judgement and discernment to communicate with clients, team members, and program leadership on a regular basis. Proactively communicates when timing is at risk. “Manages up” to keep program leadership informed of activities, team dynamics, project status, scope changes, potential risks, and business development opportunities.
- Takes the initiative to develop business acumen, including corporate and industry operations.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through program delivery and management.
Community – good corporate citizen
- Begins taking responsibility for career advising to implementation staff team members as a Development Coach. Gathers project performance feedback, conducts performance reviews, and contributes meaningful feedback to internal promotion calibration sessions.
- Actively participates in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Actively builds professional networks through social media, seminar/conference attendance, and lead/referral generation.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets. Deepens expertise in R&D System Implementation requirements, service offerings, and/or functional areas.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we will consider transferable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
- Proven expertise in management consulting in the life sciences, pharmaceutical/biotech consulting industry or equivalent industry role
- Experience working with one or more R&D operational roles (clinical operations, regulatory, safety or similar discipline) either in industry or consulting
- Engagement management experience required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation and business development skills
- GxP System Implementation and Validation experienced required
- Demonstrated experience supporting implementations of cloud-based enterprise software such as Veeva Vault, Oracle, Medidata or OpenText
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance. The benefits for this position will include a competitive compensation package, Health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, Company match 401k, eligibility to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan and flexible paid time off (PTO) and sick time. Because certain states and municipalities have regulated paid sick time requirements, eligibility for paid sick time may vary depending on where you work. Syneos complies with all applicable federal, state, and municipal paid sick time requirements.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $96,327 to $170,300. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high of the Syneos Health range for this position. Actual salary will vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. In addition, some positions MAY include eligibility to earn commissions/bonus based on company and / or individual performance.
Syneos Health has a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Syneos Health customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Syneos Health and maintain compliance with these requirements.