You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
A Senior Consultant is an experienced management consultant with the ability to manage day-to-day project operations and create high-quality project materials and client deliverables with minimal direction. Specific tasks could include conducting both secondary (i.e., analytically and scientifically based) and primary (i.e., interviews with physicians, payers, and patients) market research, assessing products and markets, developing forecasts and other types of analytical modeling, developing go-to-market and customer engagement strategies and plans, including sales force optimization and planning.
Expectations include the ability to manage client needs, project scope, varying project resources, and potentially heavy workloads. A Senior Consultant is responsible for structuring and completing individual project tasks, contributing to project workstreams, developing creative solutions, creating high-quality slides quickly, and collaborating effectively with clients, team members, and project leadership. In this role, one may assume increased levels of project responsibility and management, depending upon experience, project staffing, client contracts, and/or project needs.
In addition, the Senior Consultant will also assist in firm building activities, which could include business development, “White Paper” development and internal operations management.
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexity and/or multiple tasks concurrently
- Highly proficient in technical skills required for successful project delivery: MS PowerPoint, Excel, Data Analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong
- Builds positive working relationships with consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams
- Exhibits professionalism and positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally.
- Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through project delivery.
- Works proactively with project management to align on project objectives and Consultant role.
- Maintains regular communication with project management on progress and potential barriers to meeting objectives or role expectations
- Demonstrates proficiency and exceptional attention to detail in creating project deliverables, quality checking work, reviewing with project management/leadership, incorporating edits and feedback, and resubmitting work pieces for deliverable inclusion in a timely, efficient manner.
- Understands project roles and responsibilities and the impact on the broader client contract and statement of work.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, prior experience, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrates proficiency in conducting primary research interviews with key stakeholders.
- Prepares for, attends, and facilitates client meetings and presentations, including meeting follow-up.
- When appropriate, serves as a content knowledge expert on data analysis and primary and secondary research findings.
- Proactively prepares for and participates in client engagements, fielding client questions and concerns.
- Creates high-quality PowerPoint slides quickly, effectively, and autonomously, in accordance with project leadership guidance and Consulting Style Guidelines and templates.
- Leads design and build of a compelling, structured, and logical storyboard with minimal guidance and direction.
- May act as the primary liaison with clients, or in collaboration with project management and/or leadership.
- Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with the client through rapport, credibility, and reliability and is able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
- Partners effectively and expeditiously with project management and leadership to propose and agree on recommended next steps.
- Displays competence in creating and documenting project activities, including meeting minutes, status reports, and other client communications and project administration.
- Maintains document version control and style guidelines.
- Ensures proper project management policies are followed and supports project closure activities, including document redaction and archival.
- Approaches project ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected data findings with maturity and professionalism
Please note we are considering candidates for our San Francisco, Santa Monica, Boston, NYC, and Morrisville, NC offices.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.
- Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Graduate degree in business or life sciences, with relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree with direct experience in biopharmaceutical consulting
- High level of proficiency in MS suite of products
- Knowledge of basic programming (Python, JAVA, C++) (preferred)
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
- Strong business acumen required, with strong financial analysis skills (preferred)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to assess client needs, problem solve, and deliver clear and compelling strategic recommendations
- Experience in research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent project management, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)