You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
An Analyst is an individual contributor on full-service commercialization projects and is primarily responsible for supporting the team to conduct secondary (analytically and scientifically based) research and working closely with project management in supporting the creation of high-quality project materials and client deliverables. Expectations include the ability to structure and complete individual project tasks on time, with minimal direction, and communicate proactively and effectively with team members and project management.
- Builds positive working relationships with Syneos One team members and leadership, managers, business unit leaders, clinical experts, and internal support teams.
- Achieves utilization targets in service of client, internal and/or business development engagements. Proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, experiences, and relationships by contributing to project engagements, internal initiatives, and business development opportunities.
- Establishes a clear understanding of key project questions, overall timelines, and how her/his contributions relate to key deliverables in support of client and/or internal initiatives.
- Prepares for and attends (as relevant) client meetings and presentations. Takes primary responsibility for taking notes, writing up meeting minutes, summarizing next steps and action items, scheduling follow-up meetings, and communicating post-meeting, as appropriate.
- Creates high-quality PowerPoint slides and Excel spreadsheets with guidance and specific direction.
- Exhibits an attention to detail and an understanding of style guidelines.
- Addresses deliverable feedback quickly and quality checks revisions.
- Delivers on time and communicates proactively when timing is at risk.
- Demonstrates technical skill according to the demands of projects and uses skill to create value on projects with direction, including research and data analysis, problem solving, critical thinking and strategic communication of findings.
- With project management guidance, frames and executes project objectives (e.g., identification of relevant sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy).
- Displays comfort and competence in creating and documenting project activities, including meeting minutes, status reports, and other client communications and project administration. Maintains document version control and style guidelines. Ensures proper document retention policies are followed.
- Approaches project ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected data findings with maturity and professionalism.
- Maintains regular communication with project management and leadership.
- Gains experience in a variety of project types, client engagements, functional areas, and therapeutic areas.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience.
- Actively participates in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Syneos One initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions. Understands personal strengths and development needs.
- Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals (in partnership with manager) and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, Syneos Health service offerings, and client products and markets.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in business or life sciences (highly preferred)
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical and consulting/services industries required
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
- Experience in research and data analysis experience (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Strong presentation skills (highly preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written) required
- Excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrated competence in verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required
- Ability to travel preferred (~10-20%)
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.