You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart. You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door
Provide technical leadership on the best approach to craft and execute analytics projects that span the business questions of clients within all the consulting verticals. Play two roles—coaching less experienced technical programming staff on dos and don’ts within technical programming and acting as an individual contributor on complex, fast turn around analytics projects.
- Serves as Technical Lead for data analytics projects within consulting; ability to handle multiple diverse projects at once, driving analytic methodology and leading less experienced technical staff
- Works with assigned project teams to communicate, address, troubleshoot and resolve complex data related questions and recommends potential solutions; escalates issues which potentially impact quality of results
- Coordinates cross functional data cleaning activities to ensure quality standards and timelines are met for data deliverables
- Design and drives the development of analytical tools, utilizes analytical platform/dashboard to detect potentially unreliable data that may impact the validity of consulting insights.
- Synthesize insights from different healthcare proprietary databases that include: RWD (Real World Data)- Symphony, Komodo, Optum; Payer data- MMIT, Formulary lookup, Sales/ Prescription data: MIDAS/ DDD / NSP
- Actively promote new consulting data science business opportunities aligned with sponsor strategies.
- Trains and mentors new or junior team members
- Demonstrates understanding of advanced technology method and the scope of applicability of the client research question
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Artificial intelligence /machine learning methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated staff leadership skills
- Experienced with data analysis/data review, including but not limited to Python, R, Spotfire, SAS
- Expert in real world data, publicly available healthcare data—MEPs, HCUP, NHANEs, ACS, healthcare reference data—ICD, CPT, SNOWMED, LOINC, HCPCS, NPI, and claims and EHR standard tables and data cleaning
- Experience of working on visualization tools like Tableau/Microstrategy/ Qlikview
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn)
- 10+ years of relevant post-college job experience with domain knowledge/expertise in Healthcare/Life Sciences/Med Tech is preferred
- Fundamental understanding of standard predictive and classification models; when to use and how to interpret results