You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart. You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The Vice President, Business Development for our MSL Teams will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and targeting prospective new business leads while working with our organizational team to drive success of current client’s business growth. In this role you will also drive client success for Deployment Solutions, Syneos Health overall with local, regional and global accounts. This role is critical in distinguishing Syneos Health Deployment Solutions from our competitors while identifying opportunity to drive client success and value to our client’s products.
- Identify and develop new business relationships, creating pitch opportunities and obtaining new business wins to achieve annual new business income targets specifically for our Market Access Solutions.
- Identify prospective client needs, identify the strategies, tactics, resources and people required to address the need.
- Review and manage pipeline information and client relationships with competitors to identify potential new business leads, growth opportunities or future competitive trends
- Document all activities in customer relationships management system for management view and oversight.
- Work very closely with senior management and sales account service team members to identify, pursue and close deals.
- Seek out opportunities to gain business from pharma and non-pharma health and well-being accounts.
- Lead all new business pitch opportunities generated, including identification of pitch team and forecasting and managing pitch costs.
- Generate and manage outbound organic and inorganic business development outreach – may also be responsible for managing inbound non-proactive opportunities above and beyond her/his required target key accounts.
- Mentor, train, manage and develop members of the Business Development Team.
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines – HR, Administrative, Operations and Corporate
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 15+ years of experience in the life science industry in sales, marketing, commercial operations and/or BD capacity preferred
- 15+ years on the client or service side or 12+ years selling to pharmaceutical industry sales/marketing or operations decision markers preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the Commercial Market Access space
- Proven track record to manage multiple selling strategies and approaches to market
- Action oriented and results driven - moves quickly and with purpose and has relevant experience in a B2B, consultative sales environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve timelines specific RFPs, customer presentations, and client deliverables however willing to work collaboratively in a team environment in the best interest of the customer.
- High level of honesty and integrity with a strong work ethic and proactive thought leadership
- Ability to maintain energy and entrepreneurial approach/thinking
- Excited and passionate about the company story/mission/values
- Commitment to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Proven ability to deliver and thrive within ambiguity
- Superior influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, facilitation and presentation techniques
- Ability to create content and presentations that build their brand and market acceptance
- Strong organizational and planning skills with a focus on key priorities
- Proven track record to learn and develop professionally
- Willingness to travel
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop, and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance.