Full Service Commercial
The Medical Affairs Lead will be in charge of managing all aspects of the planning and development of resources and strategies to support and drive the client’s Medical Affairs business as the liaison between the Syneos Health Medical Affairs functions (e.g., Medical Affairs Consulting, Medical Communications and Field Medical) and the client. The Medical Lead will work across the Syneos Health organization and collaborate both internally and with the client to establish and structure integrated Medical Affairs solutions, in tandem with other functional areas across Syneos and the client. The Medical Lead will identify appropriate resources to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective mix of talent to drive business performance and results, ultimately optimizing client ROI.
- Be the client’s main point of contact for all issues regarding the Medical Affairs project work including Medical Affairs Consulting, Medical Communications, and Field Medical activities.
- Serve as a Medical Affairs thought partner collaborating with senior client management and recommending strategies and tactics that are aligned with the best interest of the client
- Take internal ownership of the “project” internal P&L: Work closely with the client partner to ensure business planning timelines and due dates are synchronized with the financial business calendar and ensure all internal stakeholders are informed
- Lead on the Medical Affairs strategy in conjunction with the broader Syneos team
- Lead on the Medical Affairs execution and ensure deliverables, timelines and budget are completed within expectations
- Monitor and report on performance/progress across the Medical Affairs led functional activities, as part of a Core Team that includes all functions (internal and client based) that are aligned to the brand
- Manage the cross-functional Medical Affairs global collaboration across the internal Syneos team and the client team: Lead cross functional project teams and serve as key liaison with global leaders and the Client
- Lead the weekly Medical Affairs sub-team meetings to discuss major milestone and deliverables to ensure that timing is well planned and met for all activities within the project
- Partner with the Commercial Lead to develop a medical affairs framework that drives needed evidence generation and a patient-centric approach that supports the strategic direction and goals of a client’s brand.
- Work with the Project Management function to ensure proper reporting and tracking of all commercial activities and deliverables
- Apply own knowledge operationally as required to ensure successful delivery throughout the life cycle of the project
- Develop Senior Leadership
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree preferred
- 10+ years of Medical Affairs experience, preferably building and/or running a Medical Affairs function
- Must have breadth of global Medical Affairs Experience and successfully launched multiple commercial assets across the pharmaceutical and/or medical device sectors
- Experience interfacing with Consulting firms and/or Med Comms agencies a plus
- Ability to understand Global medical trends, financial data, customer needs and assess competitive intelligence data
- Demonstrated commercial ability and business acumen, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation
- Experience building innovative business cases and managing toward consensus based on varied stakeholder priorities
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Performance and Program Metrics Focus
- Ability to convert strategy to actionable tactical plans and develop high performing operational teams
- Proven track record of delivering business objectives in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated record of product success through proactive, pre-launch Medical Affairs engagement with the market. Strong background in strategic planning and business development
- Strong self-awareness and ability to positively lead through change management.
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Effective cross- functional project team leadership and influencing skills
- Effective interactions with internal & external customers and stakeholders to drive success
- Ability to travel
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)