Provide product/asset leadership in key strategic Syneos One™ client partnerships during the clinical development stage. Product/asset leadership includes C suite advisory activities and asset direction and management. The holder of the role will lead a Product Development Team comprised of functional experts across clinical and commercial domains and coordinate all necessary analysis and insight development required to support clinical development, medical affairs, and early commercialization strategy. The Senior Clinical Asset Lead role will work in close partnership with operational teams and the Product Development Business Unit to ensure Syneos Health (SYNH) delivers superior outcomes across the client value chain. Leverages broader Syneos Health organization to produce the required deliverables operating in the Senior Clinical Asset Lead role. Is expected to be comfortable communicating and delivering to C suite level at client and the Executive team at SYNH. Supports the growth of SYNH business footprint within key strategic Syneos One™ client partnerships in collaboration with other Syneos One™ team members and Clinical, Medical Affairs and Commercial teams.
- Provide Program leadership for key operational and strategic activities across the Clinical, Medical Affairs, and Commercial work streams for assets under Syneos One™ management.
- Leads the development and execution of the Product Development Strategy and Asset Roadmap ‘ of each managed asset.
- For the assigned asset, serves as the key Point of Contact for the client during the clinical development phase across our integrated solutions portfolio and provides strategic advisory support to shape the clients corporate and/or asset strategy.
- For the assigned asset, coordinates the execution of activities across clinical, medical affairs and the early commercial elements of the Asset Roadmap.
- On an asset-by-asset basis, leads the initial development of the ‘Case for Approval’, ‘Case for Use’, ‘Case for Reimbursement’ and early Commercialization strategy.
- Will typically operate within a strategic partnership model and must be comfortable working in a highly matrixed management model with various other strategic and operational disciplines.
- Within the broader Syneos Health Go-to-Market team, ensures consistency of presentations, messages, and execution of business development activities as it relates to Syneos One™ and its solution offerings.
- Supports transition of opportunities in Phase 3 to Syneos One Asset Commercialization Lead and continues to support the Product Development Team post-transition Supports the Syneos One™, Business Unit, and Business Development teams in securing relationships with new, prospective Syneos One™ target accounts and/or opportunities.
- Tracks and reports on all program activities and ensures all operational teams engaged in delivery with the client are appraised and aligned with overall asset objectives.
- Accountable for the overall success and achievement of metrics and objectives of the Product Development Team through transition to Asset Commercialization Lead
- Participates in both short and long-term planning for all aspects of operations and growth.
- Contributes operational input to other departments as appropriate, including developing and distributing appropriate reports to executive management.
- Develops, collects, and analyzes program metrics, holding program reviews on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develops and refines business development, solution design, operational and program management processes as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Travel may be required.
- At least 15 years’ experience in asset leadership, product development, and/or product strategy role within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with at least 10 years working on the manufacturer vs. services side of the industry.
- Must have deep experience with the end-to-end clinical development process from early phase through regulatory submission and have comfort working across clinical and commercial for launch preparation.
- A good operational knowledge of the commercialization process is strongly preferred
- Comfort serving as an internal and external ambassador, coordinating multiple parties, and accommodating various personalities
- MD, PhD, or advanced degree in relevant scientific domain is required.
- BA/BS degree in Business, or equivalent education and experience is preferred
- Keen understanding of/experience in full product development lifecycle is ‘preferred’.
- Superior Project Management skills and key stakeholder management skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Above average attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational, interpersonal, communication and team-oriented skills.
- The ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary.
- Comfortable working and leading in a highly matrixed environment and must be comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.