Within Kinetic (a division of Syneos Health) our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. The Associate Director, Data Science supports our business goals by managing teams of data scientists who collect, store, and interpret data in a meaningful and clear way for our customers.
- Manage teams of managers and data scientists both onshore and offshore. Responsibilities include line management, performance management, and professional development for those employees along with interviewing and onboarding new team members.
- Own a discipline within the department and manage a global team.
- Lead team that designs, develops, and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
- Interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
- Oversee the development and coding of software programs, algorithms, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- Assist team in identifying meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources, interpreting and communicating insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
- Have broad expertise or innovative knowledge, use skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Present findings and recommendations to customers (internal and external) in a clear and concise way to drive appropriate outcomes.
- Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Mentor junior team members across the business.
- Bring global teams together for one goal.
- Proficiency with a programming language (e.g., Python, R) and a database language (e.g., SQL).
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to deliver projects.
- Able to influence and unify the direct team and peers, as well as interact effectively as a strategic partner with senior management.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong data analysis and data modelling skills, good knowledge of statistics.
- Detailed understanding of how data science models are developed.
- Independent problem-solving and grit. Willingness to own one’s work, and confidence to push best practices. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with healthcare or B2B/B2C marketing.
- Ability to communicate data insights and data science concepts to senior technical and non-technical internal stakeholders and external clients.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. We’re dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing Market Access solutions to clients?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.