Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You’re bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this Data Scientist with Syneos Health.
As a Data Scientist at Syneos Health you Design, develop and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement. Interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develop and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interpret and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
- Analyze structured and unstructured data sets using quantitative techniques to solve a wide range of business problems and address client needs
- Integrate and manage multiple healthcare-centric data sources for the purposes of deriving quantitative insights, developing machine learning-based models, discovering and ranking features, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing).
- Use best industry practices to develop model validation and QA pipelines
- Efficiently and clearly, communicate complex statistical concepts and project goals to internal and external stakeholders
- Gather performance metrics and project requirements from business partners and clients to develop forecasting models, classifiers, and statistically based solutions
- Develop and deliver reports and presentations that clearly explain quantitative products and strategies to a wide range of internal and external audiences
- Explore data using programming skills to interpret large data sets from a variety of sources including finance, sales, and healthcare claims
Job Requirements Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in computer science or statistics (highly preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years of work experience.
- Must possess strong research, analytical and numerical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements.
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
- Experience in research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Strong presentation skills required
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written) required
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent time-management skills
- Knowledge of advanced visualization and analytical tools such as Tableau, and Power BI (Preferred).
- Background in data science and one or more of the following: statistics, computer science, business intelligence, library science, or equivalent experience.
- Capable of independently designing, conducting, and analyzing research projects and client projects.
- Capable of independently transforming, cleaning, and loading large data sets.
- Experience with digital/programmatic advertising, performance analytics, web scraping, and NLP (a plus).
- Proficient in using and implementing ML algorithms. (factor analysis, structural equation modeling, Bayesian statistics, PCA, machine learning approaches (e.g., Regression, Classification, clustering, Regularization algorithms (e.g., Elastic net)).
- Proficient with the following technologies: SQL, Python.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. We’re dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate pharmaceutical sales?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)