Overview Syneos Health is engaged in a direct hire search for top a 10 pharmaceutical organization. Syneos Health is searching for a results oriented and collaborative sales professional with a proven track record of success.
The Neurosciences Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for effectively managing a defined territory with focus on health care providers in that area. The Neurosciences specialist will be responsible for building preference for the company as a respected partner in Neurosciences, exceed sales targets, effectively engage customers, have a business ownership mindset, and effectively implement corporate strategies.
Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following:
- Track record of top sales success: Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth in the territory, while exceeding sales expectations.
- Demonstrate execution excellence within the assigned territory as it relates to targeting, messaging, programs, and budget.
- Conduct market analysis to develop and implement territory business plans.
- Identify and develop influential business relationships by anticipating and exceeding needs with key customers, influencers, prescribers, speakers, thought leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations.
- Focus on developing and building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for neurology patients within the territory.
Strategic Account Management:
- Partner with customers to understand practice workflow and patient needs within the practice.
- Provide resources and meet customer needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific support.
- Assist and coordinate critical activities with physicians and office staff through the drug initiation process, device training, patient support programs, and follow-up where applicable.
- Collaborate and partner with others in the organization
- Identify decision criteria and barriers for early detection, diagnosis, and treatment for patients (including protocols, care pathways, specialty referral, etc.)
- Utilize resources that enhance the customer experience among the HCPs.
- Promote product portfolio to HCPs through value-based conversations and communicate safety, efficacy, and treatment expectations.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills to overcome challenges.
Disease State and Neuroscience Market Knowledge:
- Have external focus and develop deep knowledge of Neurosciences industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product and competitor knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong market, system, and site of care knowledge in their local ecosystem.
- Aggressively pursue ongoing medical knowledge development within and outside of formal training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. The company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- 2 or more years of sales experience (pharmaceutical or non-pharmaceutical ) following the completion of undergraduate degree, OR
- 1-3 or more years of work experience following the completion of undergraduate degree, OR Graduate degree - Masters, MBA, PharmD
- Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs.
- Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
- Product launch experience, particularly in a new therapeutic class
- Ability to incorporate the “total office” selling approach/account management
- Proven ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
- Experience in a multi-channel (collaborative) selling environment
- Adapt quickly to a changing marketplace and should be flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Patient centric mindset
- Proven ability to lead the service value chain – exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance – across team, peers and leadership.
- Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Lives within assigned geography or within 30 miles of region boundaries.
- Approximately 25%-50% travel; some overnight travel may be required
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required
- COVID-19 Vaccine required
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)