You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate for Senior Manager of Global Implementation Science to help in the day-to-day execution and management of a global portfolio of implementation research projects inclusive of those focused on long-acting injectable HIV prevention. The candidate will support in the evidence generation to understand and measure the effectiveness of interventions focused on implementation of long-acting injectable HIV prevention in different settings, especially in lower-and middle-income countries.
- The Manager, Global Implementation Science, will be responsible for supporting a global portfolio of implementation science projects inclusive of those focused on long-acting injectable HIV prevention, which will include essential studies in North America, Europe, and also low-income, least developed and/or are within Sub-Saharan Africa commencing in 2022.
- The role will be key in supporting partnerships and collaborations both internally and externally to generate evidence to support successful delivery of long-acting injectable HIV prevention.
- S/he will ensure successful operational management of the implementation science strategy, study budgets and contractual processes, including monitoring study deliverables, supporting the management of study supply and appropriate results dissemination strategy
- Manage the day-to-day execution of our client's implementation strategy, including the coordination of internal workstreams and projects
- Manage a portfolio of implementation science studies from initiation to completion, including a leading role in establishing contracts with partners and investigators for implementation science studies and providing budget oversight.
- Active engagement and collaboration with internal stakeholders (commercial, regulatory, patient affairs, government affairs, manufacturing and supply, finance, health outcomes) to ensure alignment and execution of the implementation science strategy
- Active engagement and collaboration with external stakeholders, CROs and vendors to ensure alignment and execution of the implementation science strategy
- Leading role in results dissemination to internal and external stakeholders on long-acting injectable HIV prevention studies results.
- Ensure effective communication to build trusting and respectful relationships with key external stakeholders and investigators
- Managing portfolio budgets.
- University Degree – Business, Health Science, International Development or Social sciences.
- Broad understanding of HIV and issues impacting the HIV care continuum
- Broad understanding of implementation research
- 1+ years of in pharmaceutical industry preferred, with knowledge of our client
- Adeptness in working in matrix environments
- Ability to autonomously prioritize project management tasks
- Excellent organizational and project management skills (minimum 5 years) with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities simultaneously
- Experience managing and supporting implementation science and clinical trials, including managing implementation science studies from start-up to completion, and supporting study investigators
- Management of complex internal and external matrix relationships
- Management of complex budgets
- Strong negotiating skills are essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – with the ability to manage cultural differences and build strong relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals and organizations.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and integrity
- Resilient, proactive person who can remain calm under pressure and prioritize work without supervision
- Positive outlook and a collaborative and flexible approach to team working
- Experience working in global health setting from a medical perspective
- Good written/ oral communication and time-management skills
- Adeptness in Microsoft Office required, analytic and publishing software preferred
- Fluent business level of English
- Understanding and knowledge of implementation science study delivery within a pharmaceutical environment
- Knowledge of and experience of the HIV/AIDS and its relationship to the global public health sector
- Basic understanding of the external environment and political decision-making processes of particular relevance to HIV/AIDS
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration that I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with health care providers and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)