This Vice President, Customer Experience role is highly customer-facing, bridging relationships within our internal Syneos network and creating relationships with external new and existing clients.
The VP, CX Strategy role is a regional position within the larger communications-wide CX Practice. The position is responsible for client-specific ownership of the customer experience design for clients serviced primarily out of our Columbus, OH, office. The role reports to the SVP, CX Strategy, in Columbus. The role is a core part of an integrated strategy team that includes Medical, Brand, and CX strategy with the support of Behavioral Scientists.
- Is a highly customer-facing position, bridging relationships within our internal Syneos network and creating relationships with external new and existing clients. Sits at the convergence of multiple disciplines in order to amplify our creative work and guide in-market execution/measurement
- Is a crucial change agent helping to drive the elevation of the agency capabilities by integrating existing new offerings in to daily agency behavior, gather and communicate necessary refinements, and co-architect new offering development
- Must stay on top of emerging trends and changing privacy laws that impact CX Design and measurement
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys.
As the champion for customer-centricity, you are responsible for ensuring our teams:
- Identify the micro-moments that matter on the journey
- Identify the journey and brand/product friction our clients can resolve to craft a marketing strategy that asks, “How can we help” instead of only shouts “buy my brand”
- Use that understanding to triangulate how our creative must flex by micro-moment to maintain our client’s relevancy and value in the eyes of their customer
- Coordinate creative, data science and media to craft multi-channel narratives that unfold in the customer’s curated ecosystem
- Create measurable experiences that drive engagement through connected interactive explorations that is designed to be sticky, drive motivation, and increase a brand’s value. In partnership with Brand, Medical, Behavioral Science, Content Strategy, Creative/Technology, and Advanced Analytics
- Service-based day-to-day leadership support, helping junior strategists align to the CX Practice while remove barriers to execute in the course of client delivery. Expectation is to lead by example, getting into the work alongside day-to-day teams to shoulder the lift when appropriate
- Partner with the SVP, CX Strategy, to manage team assignments by book of business, optimize utilization, maintain team timesheet compliance, and ensure individual HR/Legal training module compliance
- Partner with the SVP, CX Strategy, to shepherd individual team member career growth to level-set and elevate skill sets in accordance with CX Practice objectives
- As a CX Practice evangelist, synthesize an overall narrative that captures the depth and breadth of our team’s expertise in a digestible way to facilitate understanding within the agency, across external agency partners and within the client team
For dedicated clients and for new business efforts, you will:
- Partner with Medical and Brand Strategy to craft CX designs that change behavior, crafting the work to deliver the value of the CX Practice according to what is appropriate for each client/project
- Partner with creative to craft multi/omnichannel brand narratives that push for 1:1 experiences where feasible, tailoring the final mile execution to the mindset and channel by stage of journey
- Partner with Media, Advanced Analytics, MarTech and Omnichannel SMEs to shape tactical opportunities and measurement plans
- Create client-facing deliverables that synthesize the CX plan, highlighting the depth and breadth of our team’s expertise in a digestible way to facilitate understanding within the agency, across external agency partners and within the client team
- Partner with Account to present strategies to clients to secure buy-in, unlock organic growth potential and report back on engagement performance
- Provide senior client-level service, developing strong relationships with key client stakeholders grounded in trust and resiliency
- Assist the agency in identifying new organic opportunities by helping all client-facing team members to develop new CX opportunity “eyes” and “ears”
- Monitor trends in CX, marketing, technology, and design in order to keep the agency at the leading edge of CX Design and measurement
- Participate in new business pitching in a leadership capacity for CX-related functions, including content development and client presentation
- Identify and advocate for opportunities where the CX Practice (especially CX Strategy and Content Strategy) can be integrated within the work process so that we (1) craft dynamic final-mile omnichannel narratives tailored to the persona-level mindset; and (2) maximize the amplification potential of creative within each relevant channel
- Assist each junior strategist with strategic narrative storytelling to ensure clear and concise articulation of strategies and plans
- 7+ years of multi-channel strategy experience, (digital pharma, healthcare or agency) across HCP and Patient efforts. Payor experience a plus.
- 2+ years of solid multi-channel CRM experience, in as many of the following areas as possible:
- Lead scoring and nurture track development based on customer segments and brand KPIs
- Marketing automation experience (i.e. Marketo/Salesforce, etc), including real-time personalization
- Re-targeting/dynamic media
- Communication calendar/test plan development
- Working closely with partner vendors and client IT to execute campaigns seamlessly
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following MarTech platforms to guide CX Strategy design possibilities:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with global clients and regional rollouts
- Working understanding of the fundamentals:
- Technographic and demographic research to craft profiles
- Basic media to partner with our in-house Media Strategist effectively
- Data driven. Can sift through data to find insights and partner with partner with Advanced Analytics and Data Science help define the strategy, as well as measure the result
- Basic UX principles
- Basic understanding of privacy governance
- Accessibility compliance a plus
- Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO a significant plus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Agile methodology experience a plus
Qualities We Look For
- Commitment to candor and curiosity
- An unwillingness to settle for the status quo
- Motivated to grow (personally) and drive growth (innovation)
- Love of change agency and teaching
- Thought leadership drive with tangible in-market experience (published, speaker, etc)
- Easily self-started
- Drive to do work that makes a difference in people’s lives
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)