Mis à jour: May 6, 2022
Emplacement: New York, NY, United States
Identification d’emploi: 140662
We are seeking a Director of Brand Strategy to join our team – a gifted storyteller with a passion for crafting insightful and compelling narratives about our clients’ brands and products in ways that engage audiences on a human and empathetic level.
Your role will be to elevate the agency’s insight into the lived experience of illness today, from the perspective of all key audiences – including physicians, patients and caregivers as applicable – and ensure they are at the forefront throughout the strategic and creative development process.
You will work seamlessly with account, medical and creative teams to build, enable and advocate strategic ideas that lead to effective creative campaigns that help drive powerful change.
This is a highly visible, high volume role that requires an entrepreneurial spirit to seek out opportunities on your assigned accounts, as well as client-facing expertise to maintain the agency’s relationship as a trusted client partner.
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys.
• Proactively works as a core team member together with account, medical and creative colleagues to become a valued strategic partner both internally and externally
• Provides a deep understanding of the behaviors, drivers and motivations of healthcare audiences (professional and consumer, as applicable)
• Identifies business-building, brand equity, personality, and positioning opportunities for client brands
• Leads the account team in developing compelling, single-minded strategies and briefs that inspire great creative
• Perseveres in nurturing and championing the “big creative idea”
• Leads the agency in market research planning, execution and translation
• Participates in new business efforts, including conducting primary and secondary research, shaping the creative brief, and aiding in developing the final presentation
• Minimum of 5 years of brand strategy experience at a creative agency
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in a related field (including marketing, communications, journalism) or social sciences (including medical/cultural anthropology, psychology or ethnography)
• Proven track record in applying their expertise to the creative development process
• Demonstrated skill in the art of storytelling
• Strong research facilitation skills (especially qualitative, with knowledge of quantitative methodologies and analysis); familiarity with behavioral science principles is advantageous
• Experience coordinating and running workshops (internal and external)
• Outstanding – and client-facing – communication skills (articulate, good writer, strong presenter)
• MUST have either professional pharmaceutical or DTC experience
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)