The Senior Implementation Manager is an experienced people manager and workstream lead within the R&D Advisory Group. The Sr IM has overall responsibility for the end-to-end management of the implementation processes and key deliverables for clients. They develop and negotiate the implementation plan and monitor progress against timeline due dates. Will interact directly with clients, subcontractors and other internal or external business units as needed to design and develop implementation/communication/enrollment strategies. As a member of the management team, a Senior Implementation Manager is responsible for ensuring a superior client experience while developing the skills and supervising the work of consulting staff team members. This experienced professional exhibits decision quality, action orientation, communication savvy, and resourcefulness as the primary steward of technical system implementation projects.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 28,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
You will join a team where you can help make Life Science organizations and their operations more efficient and effective across Research & Development, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality and Pharmacovigilance. Focusing on helping organizations in times of change whether that is driven by a change in operating model, strategy, processes, and/or technology.
Productivity – targets
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves billable utilization targets and managed book of business in service to client engagements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, experiences, and relationships by contributing to project engagements, internal initiatives, and business development opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in the BD process through assisting with writing and pricing proposals, and actively participating in the pitch and negotiation process.
- Manages heavy workloads and competing responsibilities.
Delivery – tactical on behalf of the client
- Supports the overall cross-functional management of projects, at both the client organization, as well as internally at Syneos Health. Understands and contributes to the effective management of project scope, approach, budget, resource allocations, and timelines. Demonstrates strong project management skills through the proactive management of individual project responsibilities and workload to ensure objectives, milestones, and timelines are met efficiently and effectively. Must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
- Acts as the day-to-day point person for the implementation workstream(s) deliverables and management of the client/vendor relationship and contract. Serves as a primary liaison with clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with the client through personableness, trust, credibility, and reliability.
- Delivers superior client experience. Leads professional, positive, and mature interactions with clients. Ensures client satisfaction through project delivery and experience with other team members. Proactively escalates problems as they emerge to project leaders.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading the creation of system implementation project deliverables, quality checking work, setting expectations with the project team, delivering edits and feedback to consulting staff team members, and driving deliverable completion from start to finish by advising the team on production and delivery best practices through hands-on guidance. Leverages team member strengths and professional development opportunities to assign project roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates superior technical skill according to demands of the Advisory Group, in general (i.e., relevant and in high demand.) Provides strategic influence on program teams, with clients, and to Advisory Group leadership.
- Prepares for, attends, and facilitates client meetings and presentations. Acts as the subject matter expert on data, findings, and recommendations outlined in meeting materials and client deliverables. Responsible for fielding client questions and anticipating client questions and concerns. Demonstrates confidence and credibility through interpersonal skills and content knowledge.
- Supervises consulting staff development of high-quality deliverables in accordance with Consulting (or client) style guidelines and templates. Demonstrates a strategic and systematic decision-making approach to communicating data through text, graphics, images, and/or other communication choices. Responsible for all elements of deliverable development and presentation, including compelling, structured, and logical storyboards. Influences strategic insight generation and recommendations.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, personal experience, and industry best practices. Works with program management/leadership to challenge and pressure test client recommendations, when appropriate. Anticipates and supports client needs, concerns, and challenges through the design of alternatives and contingency plans. Demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Navigates and resolves program ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with program leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to define organizational activities that are clearly established through a matrixed environment, design & implement processes, identify and document data dependencies between processes.
- Proficient understanding of Change Management best practices, can identify and manage organizational impacts that may arise during a project and/or program and can determine appropriate change mitigations to ensure end-to-end business continuity
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the complexity of GxP related technology validation processes, ability to lead the definition and development of technical user and business requirements based off an established process
- Uses judgement and discernment to communicate with clients, team members, and program leadership on a regular basis. Proactively communicates when timing is at risk. “Manages up” to keep program leadership informed of activities, team dynamics, project status, scope changes, potential risks, and business development opportunities.
- Takes the initiative to develop business acumen, including corporate and industry operations.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through program delivery and management.
Community – good corporate citizen
- Begins taking responsibility for career advising to implementation staff team members as a Development Coach. Gathers project performance feedback, conducts performance reviews, and contributes meaningful feedback to internal promotion calibration sessions.
- Actively participates in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Actively builds professional networks through social media, seminar/conference attendance, and lead/referral generation.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets. Deepens expertise in R&D System Implementation requirements, service offerings, and/or functional areas.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in consulting management in the life sciences, pharmaceutical/biotech consulting industry or equivalent industry role
- Experience working with one or more R&D operational roles (clinical operations, regulatory, safety or similar discipline) either in industry or consulting
- Engagement management experience required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation and business development skills
- GxP System Implementation and Validation experienced required
- Demonstrated experience supporting implementations of cloud-based enterprise software such as Veeva Vault, Oracle, Medidata or OpenText
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job. #LI-RS1
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop, and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality-of-life balance.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)