You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There’s one thing you do that’s exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate health professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Medical Affairs Lead role with Syneos Health.
We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies and some of the most innovative emerging biopharma organizations.
The Commercial Lead / General Manager (Commercial Lead) is responsible for managing all aspects of the planning, development, and execution of resources and strategies that support and drive the client’s Commercial business. They will serve as the liaison between the Syneos Health functional teams that they oversee, and the client’s senior commercial or brand leader. The “Commercial Lead” will work across the Syneos Health organization providing leadership to a cross-functional Core Team of Functional Leads (e.g., Medical, Market Access, Marketing, Sales) and business units (e.g., advisory, agency, field) by collaborating both internally and externally with the client to deliver integrated commercial solutions. The Commercial Lead will collaborate on strategy, inform, and evolve launch plans, lead people, and be accountable for Commercial Program execution and financial performance. This role requires strong leadership, an enterprise mindset, client focus, and the ability to influence win-win outcomes.
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for all aspects of the commercial program work between related Syneos internal departments/business units and the client
- Act as a role model with embracing and operationalizing the Full-Service Commercial Model
- Serve as a commercial senior level strategic partner, collaborating with senior client management and recommending strategies and tactics that are aligned with the best interest of the client
- Monitor and report on performance/progress across all functions (internal and client based) that are aligned to the brand: Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory (KPI’s/scorecard/priorities/key deliverables). Pull the cross functional teams together to ensure all operational project deliverables/milestones are achieved
- Take ownership of the overall program level program” internal P&L across all functions: Work closely with the client partner to ensure business planning timelines and due dates are synchronized with the financial business calendar and ensure all internal stakeholders are informed on a consistent basis.
- Lead the development and future evolution of the commercial strategy in conjunction with the broader Syneos Team and the client
- Lead the commercial execution and ensure activities, deliverables, timelines and budget are completed with the highest quality work, on time, and on budget
- Anticipate client needs and issues before they occur and collaborate to develop effective solutions
- Lead weekly cross-functional Core Team meetings to discuss project status, major milestones, and key deliverables to ensure that timing is well planned and met for all open program activities
- Work with the Program Management and Operations (PMO) function to ensure proper reporting and real-time tracking of all commercial activities and deliverables
- Apply own knowledge and operational experience as required to ensure quality and successful delivery throughout the life cycle of the project
- As appropriate, this role provides direction for work delegated to additional vendor partners (outside of Syneos) to ensure quality and timely completion of deliverables or provision of services.
- Develop Senior Leadership and ad-hoc presentations and training as needed
At Syneos Health, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we take into consideration transferrable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred with 15+ years of related work experience
- At least 10 years in senior commercial roles that spanned across multiple functional areas (e.g., General Management, Marketing, Access, Sales, Commercial Operations)
- Within the past 3-5 years, have oversight and management of all facets of commercial including P&L ownership is preferred
- Demonstrated record of success in driving new product sales. Strong background in marketing, pricing, reimbursement, creative product/program development, and building optimized brand value propositions.
- Financial acumen and the ability to read and understand program financials and manage program P&L is critical
- Proven leadership and influencing within a complex and heavily matrixed environment required
- Deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare system trends, financial data, customer insights and needs and be able to translate competitive intelligence data into meaningful short- and long-term actions
- Launch experience across multiple pharmaceutical and therapeutic areas is required – client specific therapeutic area experience and global launch experience is a plus
- Demonstrated commercial ability and business acumen, including strategic and tactical planning and execution
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives both within Syneos, external partners, and the client
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills
- Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence to effectively lead through change
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short- and long-term needs, constructively resolve issues
- The ability to work in a comparable time zone to the client is required
- Ability to travel as needed
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.