Y-mAbs is a fast-paced, Commercial Stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel, antibody-based therapeutic products for the treatment of patients with cancer. Our mission is to discover, develop and deliver novel antibody therapeutics for the treatment of both pediatric and adult cancer patients.
The Vice President, Business Development will play an integral driving role in the partnering process externally with other biopharmaceutical companies. This role will be responsible for the scouting, identification, evaluation, and execution of strategic collaborations of rare pediatric products and portfolio to align with company and pipeline strategy. Directing outreach initiatives to potential partners, evaluating opportunities and negotiating contract terms. Long-term objectives include fostering and maintaining strong relationships with partners, potential partners, and key opinion leaders in the industry. This opportunity is both multifaceted and very high impact. The position provides a very competitive compensation package based on level of experience. Position can be remote, however prefer Northeast.
- Collaborates with the President, CEO and Executive Team to define and drive forward new scientific and strategic partnerships, based on overall corporate strategy, financing needs and organizational capabilities with an emphasis on out-licensing deals.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, potential collaboration partners, and other high value business relationships in line with the company’s vision, strategy, and long-term plans.
- Identifies, evaluates, and pursues relevant opportunities that are consistent with scientific and business objectives.
- Develops, participates in, and delivers succinct, high-level, and impactful presentations to senior management, key prospects, and stakeholders. Presents strategic opportunities for internal and board discussions.
- Monitors promising opportunities through attending scientific and medical conferences, networking with biotech, academic institutions, venture capital firms and other market participants.
- Deeply understand and fluidly present the company’s corporate messaging, platform, R&D programs, and share the mission of Y-mAbs which is to help patients/ families have access to life saving therapeutics.
- Develops proactive business cases, including financial modeling and ROI analysis, as well as scenario planning to determine optimal partnering approach.
- Works collaboratively across functions and with senior management to effectively lead and manage the business development area.
- Plan/prepare/deliver presentations to external parties and routinely lead business discussions.
- Present strategic opportunities for internal and board discussions.
- Manages the contract drafting/review process with legal and coordinate cross-functional input.
- Negotiate and close transactions consistent with business cases and corporate goals.
- Provides business development input and support for internal programs as appropriate, including identifying internal gaps and seeking business development solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus or advanced scientific degree required.
- 10+ years relevant experience working within the pharma/biotech industries, including 7+ years of experience in business development.
- Strong domain expertise in the oncology therapeutic area (IND filing to clinic) is preferred, along with deep scientific/ technical expertise in platforms related to oncology.
- Sound understanding of drug discovery and development, preferably in oncology.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of sourcing, leading, and closing business development partnerships, with an emphasis on analytics, negotiations, structuring, and drafting of partnership contracts.
- Extensive experience in deal structure development, licensing partnership structuring, collaboration agreements negotiations, financial analysis, technical communication, and transaction process management.
- Solution oriented, thriving in the dynamics of a start-up company.
- Experience with nuclear medicine and AAA highly desirable.
- Come with extensive deal sheet demonstrating success at getting to the table with big pharma.
- Ability to travel as needed for execution of transaction or prospecting new opportunities.