The Business Operations Manager is a client facing role, working closely with assigned clients on specific projects nationally and on occasion the broader European region. The manager will be responsible for supporting the operations of the deployed sales team enabling field force effectiveness in a hybrid environment. As a core member of the European Operations Team the role will focus on technical, systems and administrative operational support/business processes and activities in line with the client agreements and to support the deployed team in meeting their objectives. Taking responsibility as a first- or second-line manager of a Syneos managed field sales team or Employee Relationship Manager of client managed deployed field sales team, there is a requirement to ensure that the teams are compliance in job performance, administrative tasks, successfully completing training and compliance to reporting and regulatory requirements. The Business Operations Manager will competently split and align their sales leadership and operational leadership according to the needs of the project. The European Operations team also work closely with US functional experts to ensure best practices and quality deliverables and support broader Business Development proposals and operational subject matter expertise and required.
- A full understanding the assigned clients project scope, business requirements, project schedule and status reporting, issue and risk management, budget, employee training, and deployment requirements to be delivered
- Act where required as the line manager for an assigned field-based sales team or as the Employee Relationship Manager for a client managed team offering employee pastoral care, these roles differ in responsibilities but can include onboarding support, support in territory business planning, coaching and performance management, day to day administrative management such as expenses sign off, and pto applications
- Support any field-based sales initial training, operations technology training to ensure field-based employees can operate at an optimal level regardless of the channel they deploy to engage HCPs
- Take a lead on all operational activities necessary to achieve, and exceed, the client and Syneos needs/expectations, objectives, and contractual metrics
- Management of the overall project’s budget. This includes monitoring invoices, monthly monitoring of budget, verify receipt and payments, coordinate monitoring of contractual SLA’s and fees associated with performance of SLAs, if applicable
- Lead on all closure activities at the end of a project
- Support all Business Development activities that assist Deployment Solutions Europe in meeting its revenue growth targets
- Collaborate closely with the Client’s and /or SYNH MSL Leads to ensure process efficiencies across the Field Sales and Field Medical Team
- BA/BSc in Business or Life Sciences or equivalent experience
- Sales experience in Rx, including Project management experience
- CSO experience – nice to have
- Appropriate industry certification in line with local country regulations
- Full clean driving license
- Commercial pharmaceutical experience with first and or second line management experience of leading sales team on a regional or national basis.
- Project Management experience in line with setting up and deployment of sales / field medical teams with demonstrable evidence of an ability to formally plan, execute, and deliver projects
- Experience and understanding of the differing European Healthcare Markets is a distinct advantage
- Experience successfully managing/coordinating multiple departments and/or organisations to meet business objectives
- Must have strong understanding of Client account management and sales operational functions
- Demonstrable evidence of agility, capacity and capability to manage multiple projects with differing needs
- Language skills -, business English is essential and other European languages are preferred/essential
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)