You're ahead of the curve in market access trends and market dynamics.
You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique National Account Manager role with Syneos Health.
Direct Guidance will come from Director of Market Access. Day to day reporting activities and account management execution will be provided and supervised by the Director of Market Access. The NAM will be directly responsible for the time sensitive market development and implementation of the coverage and reimbursement strategy that will maximize patient access and optimize product uptake. The NAM will be responsible for minimizing and/or removing barriers associated with patient access to product with large national payers, appropriate key regional payers and clinical pathway companies. This role is critical and time sensitive in the pre and post launch strategy with large key payer targets, including large national commercial insurers, PBMs (Pharmacy Benefit Managers), and government payer entities. You will:
- Deliver value proposition and educate national payer stakeholders on product and economic benefit and reimbursement.
- Facilitate meetings / network with national payers to ensure product access.
- Execute the Client identified managed market initiatives to a high level of achievement.
- Demonstrate Managed Markets knowledge and leadership with both internal stakeholders (including cross functional teams such as Marketing, Medical Science Liaisons, Operations, Trade and Sales Leadership teams) and external stakeholders (payer customers, key decision makers etc.).
- Thoroughly understand how policy and formulary decisions are made by each key targeted payer and how to best influence and positively impact.
- Responsible to interact and deliver presentations with customers virtually as needed
- Effectively utilize CRM system to maintain a data repository of all key payer account profiles keeping the life cycle of account management updated in an electronic database.
- Identify & utilize resources needed to monitor managed market trends & market dynamics.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Trade and Medical Affairs to develop/execute the payer marketing strategy based on market research and market dynamics.
- Communicate effectively with the commercial team on managed market trends.
- Provide input to payer marketing on overall market strategy including feedback on local market strategy.
- Adhere to and effectively communicate contract strategy, contract compliance, development, claims analysis, execution and ongoing tracking and management of contracts for government and commercial payers, insurers and scenario planning.
- Operate in full compliance of company policies and corporate governance.
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor Degree -BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience and proven success in biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years experience and successful track record with large national payers, including PBMs and previous RAM/NAM experience required.
- Previous experience in oncology or rare/orphan disease with a buy and bill product
- Proven ability to build and maintain customer engagement through digital and virtual channels
- Successful experience in product launches and execution of launch strategies/tactical plans
- Field sales management experience preferred
- Strong financial background and analytical skills
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed. As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing Market Access solutions to clients?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)